Areas of Practice
Our firm has a highly regarded Real Estate practice. We use creative strategies to address the many issues that arise in real estate transactions.
We regularly advise clients regarding the acquisition, financing, development, construction, leasing, management and sale of commercial, residential and farm and ranch real property, as well as the formation of limited partnerships in connection with the development of office, retail and mixed-use projects.
Our firm also assists property owners in all stages of the land development process. In our lending practice, we regularly structure and document complex real estate and asset-based financing transactions, including all types of construction loans.
- Unimproved Property
- Earnest Money Contracts
- Deeds, Deeds of Trust
- Promissory Notes
- Bill of Sale
- Commercial and Residential Leases
- Landlord Lease Representation
- Mechanic’s & Materialman’s Liens
- Subdivision, Development, Construction
- Conditional Use Permits
- Planned Development District
- Representation in front of City Council, County Commissioners and their respective boards/committees
Our firm has experienced trial attorneys who represent and have represented clients in a variety of litigation, including but not limited to the following:
- Deceptive Trade Practice (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Subrogation
- Debt Collection
- Real Estate Litigation
- Will Contests
- Construction Defects
- Products Liability
- Property Damage
- Insurance Bad Faith Claims
Our firm’s work in this area includes advising and assisting individual clients in their estate planning needs, including both personal and business issues involved in this process.
We utilize a variety of techniques, including traditional wills, trusts, limited liability companies, family limited partnerships, powers of attorney and similar documents to plan and administer estates.
We also represent and advise individuals concerned with succession, management, ownership and strategic issues arising in family or other closely-held businesses. Additionally, we assist clients in the advancement of their charitable estate planning goals. To view our Estate Planning Worksheet click Here.
- Simple Wills
- Management and Living Trusts
- Tax-Oriented Wills and Trusts
- Durable Power of Attorney (for healthcare and asset management)
- Directive to Physicians
- Pre- and Post- Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Disability Planning
- Insurance Trusts
- Guardianships for Minors and Incompetent Persons
- Probate Wills (independent, dependent & muniment of title)
- Heirship Proceedings
- Administration of Estates
- Family Settlement Agreements
- Family Limited Partnerships
Our firm has experience in virtually every aspect of family law, having represented numerous clients in the following areas:
- Custody and Child Support Modification
- Custody and Child-Support Enforcement
- Pre-Marital & Post-Nuptial Agreement
- Partition Agreements
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Title IV-D Child Support Cases
Our firm regularly serves as an adviser to banks and financial institutions, established private businesses and new ventures, communication and technology companies, non-profit organizations, political subdivisions, individual entrepreneurs and investors, and is active in the planning and formation of all types of business entities including limited liability companies, corporations, and limited partnerships.
We also represent buyers and sellers in acquisitions, reorganizations and dissolutions of private companies.
- Buy/Sell/or Start a Business
- Formation of Limited Liability Companies, Corporations & Limited Partnerships
- Drafting complex Company Agreements for multi-member LLCs / Limited Partnerships
- Debt Collections
- Non-Profit Corporations
- Shareholder Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Representing Commercial and Residential Landlords
- Federal & State Practice
- Misdemeanors & Felonies
- Juvenile & Municipal
- All Attorneys are Former Prosecutors
Mediation has been used to handle disputes arising from many different situations, ranging from large public disputes to inter-organizational disputes to more personal disputes involving family, friends, and neighbors.
- Family Mediation/Advanced Family Mediation
- Contract Disputes
- Partnership and other Business Disputes
- Real Estate